DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION OF MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIES
High-level Technology Service
The service is designed for the development of monoclonal antibodies in mice. The immunogen can be a recombinant protein, such as a peptide or celular extract. At the end of the process, specific hybridomas against the immunogen will be obtained and confirmed by techniques such as Dot Blot, ELISA or immunofluorescence. The choice of the immunogen as well as the screening techniques are processes that are customized for each applicant.
- Immunization of 4 mice of the Balb/c strain.
- Screening to select those animals which best respond to the immunization (highest IgG titers and lowest IgM titers).
- Fusion of spleen cells to NSO cells.
- Screening by means of two simultaneous methods (ELISA, DOT BLOT or IMMUNOFLUORESCENCE)
- Selection of 5 hybridomas according to positivity in the screening assays and the hybridoma´s optimal growth.
- Hybridomas´ cloning and isotyping.
Technical Manager: ANDREA ROPOLO firstname.lastname@example.org
PRODUCTION OF POLYCLONAL ANTIBODIES
The service consists in the use of an immunogen (recombinant proteins, peptides, cell homogenates) to immunize test animals (mice) and blood collection for the serum´s purification.
- Immunization of Balb/c mice with the immunogen.
- Blood collection by means of the retro-orbital bleeding.
- Check of the serum using ELISA, DOT BLOT, WESTERN BLOT OR IMMUNOFLUORESCENCE.
- Booster with the immunogen.
- Bleeding (3 more opportunities)
- Check of the serum.